Histologic Technician, Histology Technician
What they do:Prepare histological slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by pathologists. May assist with research studies.
On the job, you would:
- Archive diagnostic material, such as histologic slides and blocks.
- Cut sections of body tissues for microscopic examination, using microtomes.
- Embed tissue specimens into paraffin wax blocks, or infiltrate tissue specimens with wax.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Laboratory information system LIS
- MEDITECH software
Label making software
- Brady Specimen Labeling System
- Specimen labeling system software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cytogenetic Technologists
- Medical & Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Medical & Clinical Laboratory Technologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about histology technicians.