Clinical Laboratory Manager, Histology Specialist, Histology Technologist, Histotechnologist
What they do:Apply knowledge of health and disease causes to evaluate new laboratory techniques and procedures to examine tissue samples. Process and prepare histological slides from tissue sections for microscopic examination and diagnosis by pathologists. May solve technical or instrument problems or assist with research studies.
On the job, you would:
- Compile and maintain records of preventive maintenance and instrument performance checks according to schedule and regulations.
- Compile materials for distribution to pathologists, such as surgical working drafts, requisitions, and slides.
- Cut sections of body tissues for microscopic examination, using microtomes.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Laboratory information system LIS
- MEDITECH software
Label making software
- Brady Specimen Labeling System
- Specimen labeling system software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cytogenetic Technologists
- Histology Technicians
- Medical & Clinical Laboratory Technicians
- Medical & Clinical Laboratory Technologists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about histotechnologists.