Lifeguards, Ski Patrol, & Other Recreational Protective Service Workers
Also called: Lifeguard, Ocean Lifeguard, Ocean Lifeguard Specialist, Ski Patroller
What they do:Monitor recreational areas, such as pools, beaches, or ski slopes to provide assistance and protection to participants.
On the job, you would:
- Examine injured persons and administer first aid or cardiopulmonary resuscitation, if necessary, using training and medical supplies and equipment.
- Contact emergency medical personnel in case of serious injury.
- Rescue distressed persons, using rescue techniques and equipment.
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- medicine and dentistry
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
Desktop publishing software
- Microsoft Publisher