Dining Room & Cafeteria Attendants & Bartender Helpers
Also called: Bus Boy, Dietary Aid, Dietary Aide, Server
What they do:Facilitate food service. Clean tables, remove dirty dishes, replace soiled table linens; set tables; replenish supply of clean linens, silverware, glassware, and dishes; supply service bar with food; and serve items such as water, condiments, and coffee to patrons.
On the job, you would:
- Wipe tables or seats with dampened cloths or replace dirty tablecloths.
- Set tables with clean linens, condiments, or other supplies.
- Locate items requested by customers.
- customer service
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- food production
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Point of sale POS software
- Plexis Software Plexis POS
- RestaurantPlus PRO
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
Examples of Registered Apprenticeship programs include:
- Cook, Chief (Water Transportation)