Tour Guides & Escorts
Also called: Docent, Historical Interpreter, Museum Guide, Tour Guide
What they do:Escort individuals or groups on sightseeing tours or through places of interest, such as industrial establishments, public buildings, and art galleries.
On the job, you would:
- Describe tour points of interest to group members, and respond to questions.
- Escort individuals or groups on cruises, sightseeing tours, or through places of interest such as industrial establishments, public buildings, or art galleries.
- Conduct educational activities for school children.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Customer relationship management CRM software
- Centaur Systems Centaur Travel Business Management System TBMS
- TourTech Systems TourTools
Electronic mail software