Also called: Assistant Teacher, Child Care Worker, Childcare Provider, Toddler Teacher
What they do:Attend to children at schools, businesses, private households, and childcare institutions. Perform a variety of tasks, such as dressing, feeding, bathing, and overseeing play.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Observe and monitor children's play activities.
- Communicate with children's parents or guardians about daily activities, behaviors, and related issues.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Educational software
Word processing software
Internet browser software
- Web browser software