Also called: Telemarketer, Telephone Sales Representative (TSR), Telephone Service Representative (TSR), Telesales Representative
Produced by CareerOneStop
Video transcript: skip transcript
Telemarketers make phone calls either to sell products or services, or to solicit donations. Whether they’re reading from a script or relying on their sales ability and knowledge of the product, a telemarketer’s focus is to make the most out of every call. They might be raising money to preserve wildlife habitats, or selling vacation apartment time shares, but whatever they’re calling about, telemarketers must be able to make a connection over the phone. Listening skills are critical for telemarketers, as is the ability to communicate about products, and tailor their efforts to each customer, explaining how their product fits into the customer’s life. Telemarketers must be willing to deal with the implications of cold-calling people, which can often mean dealing with unpleasant or angry people at the other end of the line. Telemarketers typically work a set schedule in offices; schedules may range from part time to full time, with the potential for overtime. Telemarketing positions do not typically have formal education requirements. College students or recent high school graduates might consider telemarketing as a temporary job or a source of additional income.
What they do:Solicit donations or orders for goods or services over the telephone.
On the job, you would:
- Deliver prepared sales talks, reading from scripts that describe products or services, to persuade potential customers to purchase a product or service or to make a donation.
- Contact businesses or private individuals by telephone to solicit sales for goods or services, or to request donations for charitable causes.
- Explain products or services and prices, and answer questions from customers.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Helpdesk or call center software
- Acarda Sales Technologies Acarda Outbound
- Automatic call distribution software
Customer relationship management CRM software