Directory Assistance Operator, Information Specialist, Long Distance Operator (LD Operator), Telephone Operator
- Listen to customer requests, referring to alphabetical or geographical directories to answer questions and provide telephone information.
- Suggest and check alternate spellings, locations, or listing formats to customers lacking details or complete information.
- Offer special assistance to persons such as those who are unable to dial or who are in emergency situations.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Operating system software
- Handheld computer device software
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: