Switchboard Operators, Including Answering Service
CBX Operator (Computerized Branch Exchange Operator), Communications Specialist, PBX Operator (Private Branch Exchange Operator), Switchboard Operator (SB Operator)
- Operate communication systems, such as telephone, switchboard, intercom, two-way radio, or public address.
- Answer incoming calls, greeting callers, providing information, transferring calls or taking messages as necessary.
- Greet visitors, log them in and out of the facility, assign them security badges, and contact employee escorts.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- IBM Notes
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Get started on your career: