Also called: Artificial Insemination Technician (AI Technician), Breeder, Dog Breeder, Donor Manager
What they do:Select and breed animals according to their genealogy, characteristics, and offspring. May require knowledge of artificial insemination techniques and equipment use. May involve keeping records on heats, birth intervals, or pedigree.
On the job, you would:
- Feed and water animals, and clean and disinfect pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
- Observe animals in heat to detect approach of estrus and exercise animals to induce or hasten estrus, if necessary.
- Treat minor injuries and ailments and contact veterinarians to obtain treatment for animals with serious illnesses or injuries.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Analytical or scientific software
- Questionmark Perception
- VSN International GenStat
- Control & Valve Installers & Repairers
- Floor Layers
- Home Appliance Repairers
- Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, & Applicators, Vegetation
- Transportation Vehicle, Equipment & Systems Inspectors
You might like a career in one of these industries: