Also called: Animal Technician, Artificial Insemination Technician (AI Technician), Breeder, Dog Breeder
What they do:Select and breed animals according to their genealogy, characteristics, and offspring. May require knowledge of artificial insemination techniques and equipment use. May involve keeping records on heats, birth intervals, or pedigree.
On the job, you would:
- Feed and water animals, and clean and disinfect pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
- Examine animals to detect symptoms of illness or injury.
- Place vaccines in drinking water, inject vaccines, or dust air with vaccine powder to protect animals from diseases.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
Analytical or scientific software
- Questionmark Perception
- VSN International GenStat
- Control & Valve Installers & Repairers
- Floor Layers
- Home Appliance Repairers
- Pesticide Handlers, Sprayers, & Applicators, Vegetation
- Transportation Vehicle, Equipment & Systems Inspectors
You might like a career in one of these industries: