Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators & Tenders
Also called: Coater Operator, Glue Line Operator, Machine Operator, Process Assistant
What they do:Operate or tend bonding machines that use adhesives to join items for further processing or to form a completed product. Processes include joining veneer sheets into plywood; gluing paper; or joining rubber and rubberized fabric parts, plastic, simulated leather, or other materials.
On the job, you would:
- Align and position materials being joined to ensure accurate application of adhesive or heat sealing.
- Adjust machine components according to specifications such as widths, lengths, and thickness of materials and amounts of glue, cement, or adhesive required.
- Monitor machine operations to detect malfunctions and report or resolve problems.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Extruding & Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Gas Compressor & Gas Pumping Station Operators
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Railroad Brake, Signal, & Switch Operators
- Textile Cutting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: