Shuttle Drivers & Chauffeurs
Chauffeur, Driver, Shuttle Bus Driver, Shuttle Driver
What they do:Drive a motor vehicle to transport passengers on a planned or scheduled basis. May collect a fare. Includes nonemergency medical transporters and hearse drivers.
On the job, you would:
- Arrange to pick up particular customers or groups on a regular schedule.
- Check the condition of a vehicle's tires, brakes, windshield wipers, lights, oil, fuel, water, and safety equipment to ensure that everything is in working order.
- Collect fares or vouchers from passengers, and make change or issue receipts as necessary.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Mobile location based services software
- Global positioning system GPS software
- TSS Wireless Fleet Management Suite
Data base user interface and query software
- Actsoft Comet Tracker
- TranWare Enterprise Suite
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Bus Drivers, Transit & Intercity
- Heavy & Tractor-Trailer Truck Drivers
- Light Truck Drivers
- Taxi Drivers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about shuttle drivers and chauffeurs.