Cab Driver, Taxi Cab Driver, Taxi Driver
What they do:Drive a motor vehicle to transport passengers on an unplanned basis and charge a fare, usually based on a meter.
On the job, you would:
- Collect fares or vouchers from passengers, and make change or issue receipts as necessary.
- Communicate with dispatchers by radio, telephone, or computer to exchange information and receive requests for passenger service.
- Complete accident reports when necessary.
Knowledge information for this career will be available soon.
Skills information for this career will be available soon.
Abilities information for this career will be available soon.
Information for this career will be available soon.
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Mobile location based services software
- Digital Dispatch
- TSS Wireless Fleet Management Suite
Data base user interface and query software
- Actsoft Comet Tracker
- TranWare Enterprise Suite
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
See more details at O*NET OnLine about taxi drivers.