Design Engineer, Integrated Circuit Design Engineer (IC Design Engineer), Product Engineer, Test Engineer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Ground Equipment; Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance Apprentice, C-130/C-27J; Airlift/Special Mission Aircraft Maintenance Helper, C-5; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Apprentice, C-135/25 AF Systems/Carry-on EW; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Helper, B-2; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, B-2; Developmental Engineer, ABM; Developmental Engineer, Fighter; Developmental Engineer, Tanker; Missile And Space Systems Electronic Maintenance Apprentice, ALCM
Army Astronaut; Command and Control Systems Integrator; Cyberspace and Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA) Senior Sergeant (CEMA Sr SGT); Electronic Warfare Specialist; Electronic Warfare Technician; Health Services Maintenance Technician; Intelligence Systems Integration and Maintenance Technician; Satellite Communications Systems Operator-Maintainer; Small Arms/Towed Artillery Repairer; Space Operations
Aviation Engineering Specialty; Avionics Electrical Technician; Electronics Specialty; Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer
Electronics Engineer; Engineer Equipment Electrical Systems Technician; Ordnance Systems Engineer; Technical Information Operations Officer
Aeronautical Engineering Officer, Aircraft Mechanical, Electronic, Electrical and Safety Equipment; Aircraft Production Officer; Electronic Engineering Plans and Policies Director; Electronic Inspection and Survey Officer; Electronics Engineering Officer; Fire Control Technician; Operations Specialist; Ship's Electronic Material Officer; Training Device Program Coordinator; Weapons Research Planning Officer
Developmental Engineer; Developmental Engineer, Electrical/Electronic; Developmental Engineer, Systems/Industrial/Human Factors
What they do:Research, design, develop, or test electronic components and systems for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use employing knowledge of electronic theory and materials properties. Design electronic circuits and components for use in fields such as telecommunications, aerospace guidance and propulsion control, acoustics, or instruments and controls.
On the job, you would:
- Design electronic components, software, products, or systems for commercial, industrial, medical, military, or scientific applications.
- Operate computer-assisted engineering or design software or equipment to perform electronics engineering tasks.
- Evaluate project work to ensure effectiveness, technical adequacy, or compatibility in the resolution of complex electronics engineering problems.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- order or arrange things
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Development environment software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Hardware Engineers
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical Engineers
- Mechatronics Engineers
- Microsystems Engineers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about electronics engineers.