Also called: Area Forester, Forest Practices Field Coordinator, Forester, Silviculturist
In the Air Force: Fire Protection; Fire Protection Apprentice; Fire Protection Craftsman; Fire Protection Helper; Fire Protection Journeyman; Fire Protection Manager; Fire Protection Superintendent
- Monitor contract compliance and results of forestry activities to assure adherence to government regulations.
- Plan and supervise forestry projects, such as determining the type, number and placement of trees to be planted, managing tree nurseries, thinning forest and monitoring growth of new seedlings.
- Establish short- and long-term plans for management of forest lands and forest resources.
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- English language
- computers and electronics
- law and government
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job: