Community Health Workers
Community Health Outreach Worker, Community Health Program Coordinator, Community Health Promoter, Community Nutrition Educator
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Superintendent; Dental Assistant Journeyman; Dentist, Hospital Dentistry; Diet Therapy Helper; Health Services Management Craftsman, Health Information Technology; Public Health Apprentice; Safety Apprentice
Army Public Health Nurse; Certified Nurse Midwife; Dietitian; Family Nurse Practitioner; Medical Specialist Corps Officer; Nurse Anesthetist; Nurse Corps Officer; Perioperative Nurse; Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Nurse; Social Work
Health Services Technician; Medical Administration Specialty
Correctional Counselor; Substance Abuse Control Officer
Clinical Social Worker; Correctional Counselor; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor; Navy Drug and Alcohol Counselor Intern; Navy Primary Prevention (PP) and Human Factors Process (HFP) Advanced Professional Development Train the Trainer Certification; Preventive Medicine Officer (Public Health); Preventive Medicine Technician; Public Health/Preventive Dentistry Officer; Religious Program Specialist; Safety InspectorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Promote health within a community by assisting individuals to adopt healthy behaviors. Serve as an advocate for the health needs of individuals by assisting community residents in effectively communicating with healthcare providers or social service agencies. Act as liaison or advocate and implement programs that promote, maintain, and improve individual and overall community health. May deliver health-related preventive services such as blood pressure, glaucoma, and hearing screenings. May collect data to help identify community health needs.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain updated client records with plans, notes, appropriate forms, or related information.
- Advise clients or community groups on issues related to improving general health, such as diet or exercise.
- Identify or contact members of high-risk or otherwise targeted groups, such as members of minority populations, low-income populations, or pregnant women.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- medicine and dentistry
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Google Workspace software
- Microsoft Office software
Video conferencing software
Data base user interface and query software
- Client databases
- Microsoft Access
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Child, Family, & School Social Workers
- Health Education Specialists
- Mental Health & Substance Abuse Social Workers
- Mental Health Counselors
- Rehabilitation Counselors
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about community health workers.