Environmental Science Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Environmental Sciences Professor, Professor
Select a military branch to see samples.
Education And Training; Education And Training Apprentice; Education And Training Craftsman; Education And Training Helper; Education And Training Superintendent; Education and Training Journeyman
USMA, Professor of Geography and Environmental EngineeringNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Teach courses in environmental science. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, laboratory work, assignments, and papers.
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Supervise students' laboratory and field work.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Computer based training software
- Learning management system LMS
- Sakai CLE
Geographic information system
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Geographic information system GIS systems
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Agricultural Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, & Space Sciences Teachers, Postsecondary
- Biological Science Teachers, Postsecondary
- Chemistry Teachers, Postsecondary
- Forestry & Conservation Science Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about environmental science teachers, postsecondary.