Foreign Language & Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
French Professor, Professor, Spanish Instructor, Spanish Professor
see titles from the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy.
USMA, Professor of Foreign Languages
Cryptologic Language Analyst
Cryptologic Technician Interpretive
What they do:
Teach languages and literature courses in languages other than English. Includes teachers of American Sign Language (ASL). Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- foreign language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- talking to others
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: