Foreign Language & Literature Teachers, Postsecondary
French Professor, Professor, Spanish Instructor, Spanish Professor
see titles from the Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, or Navy.
USMA, Professor of Foreign Languages
Cryptologic Language Analyst
Cryptologic Technician Interpretive
What they do:
Teach languages and literature courses in languages other than English. Includes teachers of American Sign Language (ASL). Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Maintain student attendance records, grades, and other required records.
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
Arts and Humanities
- foreign language
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: