Set & Exhibit Designers
Display Coordinator, Exhibit Designer, Scenic Designer, Set Designer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Historian; Historian Apprentice; Historian Craftsman; Historian Helper; Historian Journeyman; Historian SuperintendentNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Advanced Visual Information-Graphics Marine; Combat Graphics SpecialistNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Design special exhibits and sets for film, video, television, and theater productions. May study scripts, confer with directors, and conduct research to determine appropriate architectural styles.
On the job, you would:
- Develop set designs, based on evaluation of scripts, budgets, research information, and available locations.
- Prepare rough drafts and scale working drawings of sets, including floor plans, scenery, and properties to be constructed.
- Prepare preliminary renderings of proposed exhibits, including detailed construction, layout, and material specifications, and diagrams relating to aspects such as special effects or lighting.
Arts and Humanities
- music, dance, visual arts, drama, or sculpture
- history and archeology
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- come up with lots of ideas
- create new and original ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include creating, designing, and making your own rules.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk Revit
- Trimble SketchUp Pro
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Video creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
- Autodesk 3ds Max
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Commercial & Industrial Designers
- Craft Artists
- Fine Artists, Including Painters, Sculptors, & Illustrators
- Graphic Designers
- Interior Designers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about set and exhibit designers.