Child Psychiatrist, Outpatient Psychiatrist, Psychiatrist, Staff Psychiatrist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN); Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner; Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist; Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner; Clinical Psychologist, Child and Adolescent Psychologist; Clinical Psychologist, Investigative Psychologist; Mental Health Nurse; Mental Health Service Craftsman; Mental Health Service Manager; Psychiatrist, Child Psychiatry
Behavioral Health Specialist; Behavioral Sciences; Clinical Psychology; Medical Service Corps Officer; Nurse Corps Officer; Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Nurse; Psychiatric/Behavioral Health Nurse Practitioner; Psychiatrist; Social WorkNo similar titles were found.
Substance Abuse Control Officer
Behavioral Health Technician; Clinical Psychologist; Clinical Social Worker; Psychiatrist
Psychiatrist; Psychiatrist, Child Psychiatry; Psychiatrist, Forensic Psychiatry
What they do:Diagnose, treat, and help prevent mental disorders.
On the job, you would:
- Prescribe, direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments or medications to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Gather and maintain patient information and records, including social or medical history obtained from patients, relatives, or other professionals.
- Design individualized care plans, using a variety of treatments.
- therapy and counseling
- medicine and dentistry
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philosophy and religion
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Epic Systems
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advanced Practice Psychiatric Nurses
- Clinical Neuropsychologists
- Family Medicine Physicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about psychiatrists.