Certified Neurodiagnostic Technologist, Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist (END Technologist), Registered Electroencephalogram Technologist (Registered EEG Tech), Registered Polysomnographic Technologist (RPSGT)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Manager; Dental Assistant Craftsman, Dental Hygienist; Health Services Management; Health Services Management Journeyman; Respiratory Care Practitioner ApprenticeNo similar titles were found.
Health Services Technician; Medical Administration SpecialtyNo similar titles were found.
Electroneurodiagnostic Technologist; Hospital Corpsman; Neurologist
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician
What they do:Conduct electroneurodiagnostic (END) tests such as electroencephalograms, evoked potentials, polysomnograms, or electronystagmograms. May perform nerve conduction studies.
On the job, you would:
- Indicate artifacts or interferences derived from sources outside of the brain, such as poor electrode contact or patient movement, on electroneurodiagnostic recordings.
- Monitor patients during tests or surgeries, using electroencephalographs (EEG), evoked potential (EP) instruments, or video recording equipment.
- Conduct tests or studies such as electroencephalography (EEG), polysomnography (PSG), nerve conduction studies (NCS), electromyography (EMG), and intraoperative monitoring (IOM).
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- medicine and dentistry
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- MEDITECH software
- Neurotronics Polysmith
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
associate's degree or
certificate after high school
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cardiovascular Technologists & Technicians
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging Technologists
- Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
- Radiologic Technologists & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about neurodiagnostic technologists.