Ophthalmic Medical Technologists
Certified Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (COMT), Ophthalmic Medical Technologist (Ophthalmic Medical Tech), Ophthalmic Technologist (Ophthalmic Tech), Surgical Coordinator
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman; Dental Assistant; Dental Assistant Journeyman; Health Services Management Helper; Ophthalmic Apprentice; Ophthalmic Journeyman; Respiratory Care Practitioner
Eye Specialist; Medical Service Corps Officer; Optometry
Health Services Technician; Medical Administration SpecialtyNo similar titles were found.
Hospital Corpsman; Opthalmic Surgical Technician; Optometrist
Ophthalmic; Ophthalmic Apprentice; Ophthalmic Apprentice, Ophthalmology; Ophthalmic Craftsman; Ophthalmic Craftsman, Ophthalmology; Ophthalmic Helper; Ophthalmic Helper, Ophthalmology; Ophthalmic Journeyman; Ophthalmic Journeyman, Ophthalmology; Ophthalmic Manager
What they do:Assist ophthalmologists by performing ophthalmic clinical functions and ophthalmic photography. Provide instruction and supervision to other ophthalmic personnel. Assist with minor surgical procedures, applying aseptic techniques and preparing instruments. May perform eye exams, administer eye medications, and instruct patients in care and use of corrective lenses.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct tonometry or tonography tests to measure intraocular pressure.
- Take and document patients' medical histories.
- Take anatomical or functional ocular measurements, such as axial length measurements, of the eye or surrounding tissue.
- customer service
- administrative services
- medicine and dentistry
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- EyeMD EMR Healthcare Systems EyeMD EMR
- NaviNet Open
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Computer aided design and drafting CADD software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
certificate after high school
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cardiovascular Technologists & Technicians
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographers
- Neurodiagnostic Technologists
- Ophthalmic Medical Technicians
- Radiologic Technologists & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about ophthalmic medical technologists.