Safety and Security Officer, Security Agent, Security Guard, Security Officer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Base Honor Guard Program Manager; Security Forces Apprentice; Security Forces Craftsman; Security Forces Helper, Military Working Dog Handler; Security Forces Journeyman, Military Working Dog Handler; Special Investigations Craftsman; Special Investigations Superintendent; Special Reconnaissance Craftsman; Special Reconnaissance Superintendent; Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Craftsman
Cavalry Scout; Corrections and Detention Specialist; Indirect Fire Infantryman; Infantryman; M1 Armor Crewman; Military Police; Special Forces Weapons Sergeant; Working Dog Handler
Gunner's Mate; Investigator; Marine Safety Specialist Deck; Marine Safety Specialist Response; Maritime Enforcement Specialist; Maritime Law Enforcement Specialist; Operations Specialist; Operations Systems Specialist; Weapons Specialty
Antitank Missile Gunner; Correction and Detention Specialist; Critical Skills Operator; Guard; Light Armored Reconnaissance (LAR) Operations Chief; Light Armored Reconnaissance Marine; Marine Corps Security Force (MCSF) Guard; Military Police; Military Working Dog Handler; Operations Chief
Afloat Corrections Specialist; Camp/Convoy Security Specialist; Expeditionary - Maritime Security; Expeditionary Security Specialist; Global War on Terrorism (GWOT) Individual Augmentee/In Lieu Of (IA/ILO) Confinement Operations-Non Deployed; Installation Security Specialist; Law Enforcement and Security Officer, Afloat; Marine Basic Combat Skills Specialist; Naval Criminal Investigative Service Operations Specialist; Physical Security Specialist (PSS)
Base Honor Guard Program Manager; Premier Honor Guard
What they do:Guard, patrol, or monitor premises to prevent theft, violence, or infractions of rules. May operate x-ray and metal detector equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Lock doors and gates of entrances and exits to secure buildings.
- Answer alarms and investigate disturbances.
- Monitor and authorize entrance and departure of employees, visitors, and other persons to guard against theft and maintain security of premises.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Microsoft Excel
Video conferencing software
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- First-Line Supervisors of Security Workers
- Police & Sheriff's Patrol Officers
- Public Safety Telecommunicators
- Transit & Railroad Police
- Transportation Security Screeners
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about security guards.