Transportation Security Screeners
Security Screener, Transportation Security Officer (TSO)
- Inspect carry-on items, using x-ray viewing equipment, to determine whether items contain objects that warrant further investigation.
- Search carry-on or checked baggage by hand when it is suspected to contain prohibited items such as weapons.
- Check passengers' tickets to ensure that they are valid, and to determine whether passengers have designations that require special handling, such as providing photo identification.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Cloud-based data access and sharing software
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Get started on your career: