Crossing Guards & Flaggers
Adult Crossing Guard, Community Service Officer, Crossing Guard, School Crossing Guard
- Direct or escort pedestrians across streets, stopping traffic, as necessary.
- Guide or control vehicular or pedestrian traffic at such places as street and railroad crossings and construction sites.
- Monitor traffic flow to locate safe gaps through which pedestrians can cross streets.
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
Human resources software
- Payroll software
Calendar and scheduling software
- Visual Computer Solutions Crossing Guard Scheduling
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: