First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, & Groundskeeping Workers
Golf Course Superintendent, Grounds Manager, Grounds Supervisor, Landscape Supervisor
Select a military branch to see samples.
Services; Services Apprentice; Services Craftsman; Services Helper; Services Journeyman; Services Manager; Services Superintendent
Cavalry Scout; Combat Engineer; Combat Medic Specialist; Military Police; Unit Supply SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
Barracks and Grounds Marine; Facilities Management Officer; Utilities Officer
Assistant Public Works Officer; Facilities Manager; Public Works OfficerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Directly supervise and coordinate activities of workers engaged in landscaping or groundskeeping activities. Work may involve reviewing contracts to ascertain service, machine, and workforce requirements; answering inquiries from potential customers regarding methods, material, and price ranges; and preparing estimates according to labor, material, and machine costs.
On the job, you would:
- Establish and enforce operating procedures and work standards that will ensure adequate performance and personnel safety.
- Schedule work for crews, depending on work priorities, crew or equipment availability, or weather conditions.
- Tour grounds, such as parks, botanical gardens, cemeteries, or golf courses, to inspect conditions of plants and soil.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- managing your time and the time of other people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- teaching people how to do something
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- First-Line Supervisors of Construction Trades & Extraction Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Entertainment & Recreation Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Farming, Fishing, & Forestry Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Housekeeping & Janitorial Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Mechanics, Installers, & Repairers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about first-line supervisors of landscaping, lawn service, and groundskeeping workers.