Motion Picture Projectionists
Booth Operator, Movie Projectionist, Projectionist, Technical Projection Guide
see titles from the Army or Navy.
Combat Documentation/Production Specialist; Visual Information Equipment Operator-Maintainer
Closed Circuit TV Technician
What they do:
Set up and operate motion picture projection and related sound reproduction equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor operations to ensure that standards for sound and image projection quality are met.
- Start projectors and open shutters to project images onto screens.
- Open and close facilities according to rules and schedules.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Operating system software
- Apple macOS
- Microsoft operating system
Word processing software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft Word
high school diploma/GED or
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Photographic Process Workers & Processing Machine Operators
- Print Binding & Finishing Workers
- Welders, Cutters, Solderers, & Brazers
- Welding, Soldering, & Brazing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: