Barber Shop Operator, Barber Stylist, Stylist
- Clean and sterilize scissors, combs, clippers, and other instruments.
- Drape and pin protective cloths around customers' shoulders.
- Cut and trim hair according to clients' instructions or current hairstyles, using clippers, combs, hand-held blow driers, and scissors.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
Video creation and editing software
Calendar and scheduling software
- Appointment scheduling software
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: