Bookkeeping, Accounting, & Auditing Clerks
Account Clerk, Accounting Assistant, Accounting Clerk, Accounts Payables Clerk
Select a military branch to see samples.
Air Transportation; Air Transportation Journeyman; Contracting Craftsman; Financial Management and Comptroller Apprentice; Financial Management and Comptroller Manager; Logistics Plans Craftsman; Materiel Management Apprentice; Materiel Management Manager; Medical Materiel Helper; Munitions Systems Apprentice
Ammunition Specialist; Ammunition Stock Control and Accounting Specialist; Automated Logistical Specialist; Financial Management Technician; Property Accounting Technician; Supply Systems Technician; Unit Supply Specialist
Finance; Personnel Administration Specialty; Storekeeper; Yeoman
Aircraft Ordnance Technician; Ammunition Technician; Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician; Basic Aviation Supply Marine; Basic Financial Management Marine; Finance Technician; Financial Management Resource Analyst; Financial Management Resource Officer; Marine Corps Community Services Marine; Postal Clerk
Accounting Officer; Aviation Ordnanceman; Internal Review Officer; Logistics Manager; Logistics Specialist Supervisor; Pay Manager; Personnel Specialist; Relational Supply Force Advance Technical Specialist; Religious Program Specialist; Retail Services SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Compute, classify, and record numerical data to keep financial records complete. Perform any combination of routine calculating, posting, and verifying duties to obtain primary financial data for use in maintaining accounting records. May also check the accuracy of figures, calculations, and postings pertaining to business transactions recorded by other workers.
On the job, you would:
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
- customer service
- administrative services
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- using math to solve problems
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Intuit QuickBooks
- Sage 50 Accounting
Cloud-based data access and sharing software
- Microsoft SharePoint
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- SAP software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
certificate after high school
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Billing & Posting Clerks
- Brokerage Clerks
- Credit Authorizers, Checkers, & Clerks
- Office Clerks, General
- Payroll & Timekeeping Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about bookkeeping, accounting, and auditing clerks.