Office Clerks, General
Also called: Clerk, Office Assistant, Office Clerk, Office Coordinator
In the Air Force: Administration; Contracting Apprentice; Historian Helper; Knowledge Management Journeyman; Maintenance Management Production Craftsman; Manpower Helper; Munitions Systems Superintendent; Personnel Apprentice; Security Forces Apprentice, Combat Arms; Security Forces Journeyman, Military Working Dog Handler; Traffic Management Superintendent
In the Army: Human Resources Specialist; Human Resources Technician; Military Police; Religious Affairs Specialist
In the Coast Guard: Culinary Specialist; Investigator; Maritime Enforcement Specialist; Public Affairs Specialist; Yeoman
In the Marine Corps: Administrative Specialist; Aircraft Ordnance Technician; Automotive Maintenance Technician; Aviation Maintenance Data Specialist; Aviation Ordnance Systems Technician; Aviation Supply Specialist; Expeditionary Firefighting and Rescue (EFR) Specialist; Military Police; Motor Vehicle Operator; Special Technical Operations (STO) Administrator; Supply Chain and Materiel Management Specialist
In the Navy: Aviation Boatswain's Mate, Aircraft Handling; Aviation Ordnanceman; Master-At-Arms; Office Support Specialist; Personnel Clerk; Rating Conversion NEC - Yeoman (Submarines); Religious Program Specialist; Religious Program Specialist Basic; Yeoman; Yeoman (Submarine)
- Operate office machines, such as photocopiers and scanners, facsimile machines, voice mail systems, and personal computers.
- Answer telephones, direct calls, and take messages.
- Communicate with customers, employees, and other individuals to answer questions, disseminate or explain information, take orders, and address complaints.
- administrative services
- customer service
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job: