Agricultural Equipment Operators
Equipment Operator, Farm Equipment Operator, Loader Operator, Rake Operator
- Load and unload crops or containers of materials, manually or using conveyors, handtrucks, forklifts, or transfer augers.
- Mix specified materials or chemicals, and dump solutions, powders, or seeds into planter or sprayer machinery.
- Spray fertilizer or pesticide solutions to control insects, fungus and weed growth, and diseases, using hand sprayers.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Martens Farms Farm Trac
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
- Crushing, Grinding, & Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Farmworkers & Laborers, Crop, Nursery, & Greenhouse
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, & Still Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries: