Weatherization Installers & Technicians
Field Technician, Weatherization Installer, Weatherization Technician, Weatherization Worker
Select a military branch to see samples.
Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Apprentice; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Craftsman; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Helper; Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration Journeyman
Cavalry Scout; Combat Engineer; Unit Supply Specialist; Utilities Equipment Repairer; Wheeled Vehicle MechanicNo similar titles were found.
Cryogenics Equipment Operator; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician; Support Equipment Electrician/Refrigeration and Engine/Gas Turbine Technician
Low Pressure Electrolyzer (LPE) Operator; NAMTS Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Technician; Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Systems Technician; Shore-Based Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technician; Support Equipment Air Conditioning and Mobile Maintenance Facility (MMF) Technician; Support Equipment Cryogenic Mechanic; UtilitiesmanNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Perform a variety of activities to weatherize homes and make them more energy efficient. Duties include repairing windows, insulating ducts, and performing heating, ventilating, and air-conditioning (HVAC) work. May perform energy audits and advise clients on energy conservation measures.
On the job, you would:
- Test combustible appliances, such as gas appliances.
- Determine amount of air leakage in buildings, using a blower door machine.
- Test and diagnose air flow systems, using furnace efficiency analysis equipment.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
certificate after high school
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, & Wall
- Insulation Workers, Mechanical
- Maintenance & Repair Workers, General
- Plumbers, Pipefitters, & Steamfitters
- Solar Thermal Installers & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about weatherization installers and technicians.