Rock Splitters, Quarry
Driller, Quarry Worker, Rock Splitter, Stone Splitter
- Locate grain line patterns to determine how rocks will split when cut.
- Remove pieces of stone from larger masses, using jackhammers, wedges, and other tools.
- Insert wedges and feathers into holes, and drive wedges with sledgehammers to split stone sections from masses.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Social Orientation
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Application server software
- Apache HTTP Server
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: