Packaging & Filling Machine Operators & Tenders
Also called: Bundler, Filler Operator, Machine Operator, Packaging Operator
In the Marine Corps: Packaging Specialist
What they do:Operate or tend machines to prepare industrial or consumer products for storage or shipment. Includes cannery workers who pack food products.
On the job, you would:
- Attach identification labels to finished packaged items, or cut stencils and stencil information on containers, such as lot numbers or shipping destinations.
- Sort, grade, weigh, and inspect products, verifying and adjusting product weight or measurement to meet specifications.
- Stop or reset machines when malfunctions occur, clear machine jams, and report malfunctions to a supervisor.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Label making software
- Label printing software
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators & Tenders
- Coating, Painting, & Spraying Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Cutting, Punching, & Press Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Molding & Casting Workers
- Sawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Wood
You might like a career in one of these industries: