Human Resources Specialists
HR Coordinator (Human Resources Coordinator), HR Generalist (Human Resources Generalist), Human Resources Specialist (HR Specialist), Recruiter
What they do:Recruit, screen, interview, or place individuals within an organization. May perform other activities in multiple human resources areas.
On the job, you would:
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Hire employees and process hiring-related paperwork.
- Maintain current knowledge of Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and affirmative action guidelines and laws, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- human resources (HR)
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- law and government
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Workday software
Data base user interface and query software
- Blackboard software
Human resources software
- Oracle Taleo
- TempWorks recruiting and staffing software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
- Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- First-Line Supervisors of Office & Administrative Support Workers
- Human Resources Assistants
- Human Resources Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about human resources specialists.