Also called: Contract Grant Writer, Development Officer, Fundraising Consultant, Philanthropy Officer
What they do:Organize activities to raise funds or otherwise solicit and gather monetary donations or other gifts for an organization. May design and produce promotional materials. May also raise awareness of the organization's work, goals, and financial needs.
On the job, you would:
- Identify and build relationships with potential donors.
- Secure commitments of participation or donation from individuals or corporate donors.
- Write and send letters of thanks to donors.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- bringing people together to solve differences
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- come up with lots of ideas
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Customer relationship management CRM software
Data base user interface and query software