Parking Enforcement Workers
Also called: College Service Officer, Community Service Officer, Parking Enforcement Officer (PEO), Ticket Writer
What they do:Patrol assigned area, such as public parking lot or city streets to issue tickets to overtime parking violators and illegally parked vehicles.
On the job, you would:
- Enter and retrieve information pertaining to vehicle registration, identification, and status, using hand-held computers.
- Patrol an assigned area by vehicle or on foot to ensure public compliance with existing parking ordinance.
- Write warnings and citations for illegally parked vehicles.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Complus Data Innovations FastTrack
- Integrated Parking Solutions MApp
Office suite software