Also called: Dish Machine Operator (DMO), Dish Room Worker, Dishwasher, Kitchen Steward
What they do:Clean dishes, kitchen, food preparation equipment, or utensils.
On the job, you would:
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using dishwashers or by hand.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- customer service
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Farmworkers & Laborers, Crop
- Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, & Stucco Masons
- Laborers & Freight, Stock, & Material Movers, Hand
- Meat, Poultry, & Fish Cutters & Trimmers
- Packers & Packagers, Hand
You might like a career in one of these industries: