Correspondence Clerk, Correspondence Coordinator, Office Technician, Technical Clerk
What they do:Compose letters or electronic correspondence in reply to requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit and other information, delinquent accounts, incorrect billings, or unsatisfactory services. Duties may include gathering data to formulate reply and preparing correspondence.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain files and control records to show correspondence activities.
- Compose letters in reply to correspondence concerning such items as requests for merchandise, damage claims, credit information requests, delinquent accounts, incorrect billing, or unsatisfactory service.
- Read incoming correspondence to ascertain nature of writers' concerns and to determine disposition of correspondence.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- administrative services
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Electronic health record EHR software
- Healthcare common procedure coding system HCPCS
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Executive Secretaries & Executive Administrative Assistants
- File Clerks
- Legal Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
- Office Clerks, General
- Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about correspondence clerks.