Loan Interviewers & Clerks
Also called: Licensed Loan Officer Assistant, Loan Analyst, Loan Processor, Mortgage Loan Processor
What they do:Interview loan applicants to elicit information; investigate applicants' backgrounds and verify references; prepare loan request papers; and forward findings, reports, and documents to appraisal department. Review loan papers to ensure completeness, and complete transactions between loan establishment, borrowers, and sellers upon approval of loan.
On the job, you would:
- Verify and examine information and accuracy of loan application and closing documents.
- Assemble and compile documents for loan closings, such as title abstracts, insurance forms, loan forms, and tax receipts.
- Record applications for loan and credit, loan information, and disbursements of funds, using computers.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Financial analysis software
- Credit reporting software
- Lending software systems
Electronic mail software