Human Resources Assistants
Human Resources Administrative Assistant (HR Administrative Assistant), Human Resources Assistant (HR Assistant), Human Resources Associate (HR Associate), Personnel Clerk
What they do:Compile and keep personnel records. Record data for each employee, such as address, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports, and date of and reason for termination. May prepare reports for employment records, file employment records, or search employee files and furnish information to authorized persons.
On the job, you would:
- Process, verify, and maintain personnel related documentation, including staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations, classifications, and employee leaves of absence.
- Record data for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, amount of sales or production, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations.
- Explain company personnel policies, benefits, and procedures to employees or job applicants.
- human resources (HR)
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Human resources software
- Human resource management software HRMS
- Workscape HR Service Center
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Compensation, Benefits, & Job Analysis Specialists
- Eligibility Interviewers, Government Programs
- Human Resources Managers
- Human Resources Specialists
- Payroll & Timekeeping Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about human resources assistants.