Medical Secretaries & Administrative Assistants
Medical Receptionist, Medical Secretary, Unit Clerk, Unit Support Representative
- Answer telephones and direct calls to appropriate staff.
- Schedule and confirm patient diagnostic appointments, surgeries, or medical consultations.
- Complete insurance or other claim forms.
- customer service
- administrative services
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- medicine and dentistry
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Epic Systems
- MEDITECH software
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
- Billing software
- Intuit QuickBooks
Get started on your career: