Flight Attendant, In-Flight Crew Member, International Flight Attendant, Purser
What they do:Monitor safety of the aircraft cabin. Provide services to airline passengers, explain safety information, serve food and beverages, and respond to emergency incidents.
On the job, you would:
- Verify that first aid kits and other emergency equipment, including fire extinguishers and oxygen bottles, are in working order.
- Announce and demonstrate safety and emergency procedures, such as the use of oxygen masks, seat belts, and life jackets.
- Monitor passenger behavior to identify threats to the safety of the crew and other passengers.
- customer service
- human resources (HR)
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
- talking to others
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
Hearing and Speech
- speak clearly
- recognize spoken words
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Social Orientation
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Calendar and scheduling software
- SBS International Maestro Suite
- ValtamTech Flight Crew Log
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Airfield Operations Specialists
- Baggage Porters & Bellhops
- First-Line Supervisors of Passenger Attendants
- Passenger Attendants
- Reservation & Transportation Ticket Agents & Travel Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about flight attendants.