Advertising & Promotions Managers
Advertising Manager (Ad Manager), Communications Manager, Promotions Director, Promotions Manager
Select a military branch to see samples.
Enlisted Accessions Recruiter; Regional Band Apprentice, Bagpipe; Regional Band Apprentice, Piano; Regional Band Craftsman, Audio Engineer; Regional Band Craftsman, Percussion; Regional Band Helper, Arranger; Regional Band Helper, Oboe; Regional Band Journeyman; Regional Band Journeyman, Instrumentalist, General (Air National Guard Bands); Regional Band Journeyman, Vocalist
Psychological Operations Specialist; Recruiter; Recruiting and Retention NCO (Army National Guard of the United States)No similar titles were found.
Recruiting Station Marketing and Communication Marine
Navy Counselor (Recruiter)No similar titles were found.
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate advertising policies and programs or produce collateral materials, such as posters, contests, coupons, or giveaways, to create extra interest in the purchase of a product or service for a department, an entire organization, or on an account basis.
On the job, you would:
- Plan and prepare advertising and promotional material to increase sales of products or services, working with customers, company officials, sales departments, and advertising agencies.
- Inspect layouts and advertising copy, and edit scripts, audio, video, and other promotional material for adherence to specifications.
- Confer with department heads or staff to discuss topics such as contracts, selection of advertising media, or product to be advertised.
- sales and marketing
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- come up with lots of ideas
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Video creation and editing software
- Adobe Systems Adobe After Effects
Web page creation and editing software
Analytical or scientific software
- Data visualization software
- WebTrends Analytics
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advertising Sales Agents
- Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Sales Managers
- Search Marketing Strategists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about advertising and promotions managers.