Postmasters & Mail Superintendents
Distribution Operation Supervisor (SDO), Distribution Operations Manager, Postmaster, Remote Encoding Center Manager
see titles from the Air Force, Marine Corps, or Navy.
Knowledge Management Apprentice; Knowledge Management Craftsman; Knowledge Management Helper; Knowledge Management Journeyman; Knowledge Operations Management
Postal Clerk; Postal Officer
Logistics Specialist; Postal Officer
What they do:
Plan, direct, or coordinate operational, administrative, management, and supportive services of a U.S. post office; or coordinate activities of workers engaged in postal and related work in assigned post office.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor employees' work schedules and attendance for payroll purposes.
- Organize and supervise activities, such as the processing of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Resolve customer complaints.
- customer service
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- law and government
Arts and Humanities
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- managing your time and the time of other people
- selecting and managing the best workers for a job
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Collection Point Management System CPMS
- Data entry software
Human resources software
- Personnel management software
- Personnel scheduling software