Funeral Home Managers
Funeral Home Manager, Funeral Service Manager, Mortuary Operations Manager, Prearranged Funerals Sales Manager
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Health Services Management; Health Services Management Craftsman, Health Information Technology; Health Services Management Superintendent; Services Helper
Mortuary Affairs SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
Personnel Retrieval and Processing Officer; Personnel Retrieval and Processing Specialist; Personnel Retrieval and Processing Technician
Ceremonial Specialist; Hospital Corpsman; MorticianNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate the services or resources of funeral homes. Includes activities such as determining prices for services or merchandise and managing the facilities of funeral homes.
On the job, you would:
- Consult with families or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, or plans for services.
- Direct and supervise work of embalmers, funeral attendants, death certificate clerks, cosmetologists, or other staff.
- Schedule funerals, burials, or cremations.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philosophy and religion
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- looking for ways to help people
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- funeralOne Life Tributes
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data base user interface and query software
- HMIS Advantage
- Twin Tiers Technologies CIMS
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
associate's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Crematory Operators
- First-Line Supervisors of Personal Service Workers
- Funeral Attendants
- Morticians, Undertakers, & Funeral Arrangers
- Social & Community Service Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about funeral home managers.