Morticians, Undertakers, & Funeral Arrangers
Funeral Arranger, Funeral Director, Licensed Funeral Director, Mortician
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Independent Duty Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Health Services Management; Health Services Management Craftsman, Health Information Technology; Health Services Management Superintendent; Services Helper
Mortuary Affairs SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
Personnel Retrieval and Processing Officer; Personnel Retrieval and Processing Specialist; Personnel Retrieval and Processing Technician
Hospital Corpsman; MorticianNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Perform various tasks to arrange and direct individual funeral services, such as coordinating transportation of body to mortuary, interviewing family or other authorized person to arrange details, selecting pallbearers, aiding with the selection of officials for religious rites, and providing transportation for mourners.
On the job, you would:
- Obtain information needed to complete legal documents, such as death certificates or burial permits.
- Consult with families or friends of the deceased to arrange funeral details, such as obituary notice wording, casket selection, or plans for services.
- Perform embalming duties, as necessary.
- customer service
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- philosophy and religion
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
- do two or more things at the same time
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
- Microsoft Office software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data base user interface and query software
- HMIS Advantage
- Twin Tier Technologies MIMS
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
associate's degree or
certificate after high school
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about morticians, undertakers, and funeral arrangers.