Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
Market Analyst, Market Research Analyst, Market Research Consultant, Market Research Specialist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Contracting; Contracting Apprentice; Contracting Craftsman; Contracting Helper; Contracting Journeyman; Contracting Superintendent
Army Reserve Career Counselor (Army Reserve); Marketing Officer; Psychological Operations Specialist; Recruiter; Recruiting and Retention NCO (Army National Guard of the United States)No similar titles were found.
Operational Contract Support Specialist; Recruiting Station Marketing and Communication Marine
Statistical Data Analyst; User Experience DirectorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Research conditions in local, regional, national, or online markets. Gather information to determine potential sales of a product or service, or plan a marketing or advertising campaign. May gather information on competitors, prices, sales, and methods of marketing and distribution. May employ search marketing tactics, analyze web metrics, and develop recommendations to increase search engine ranking and visibility to target markets.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare reports of findings, illustrating data graphically and translating complex findings into written text.
- Collect and analyze data on customer demographics, preferences, needs, and buying habits to identify potential markets and factors affecting product demand.
- Conduct research on consumer opinions and marketing strategies, collaborating with marketing professionals, statisticians, pollsters, and other professionals.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- sociology and anthropology
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- come up with lots of ideas
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Data base user interface and query software
- Amazon Redshift
Information retrieval or search software
- Verispan Patient Parameters
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Advertising & Promotions Managers
- Business Intelligence Analysts
- Management Analysts
- Marketing Managers
- Search Marketing Strategists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about market research analysts and marketing specialists.