Business Intelligence Analysts
Business Intelligence Analyst, Competitive Intelligence Analyst, Market Intelligence Consultant, Strategic Business and Technology Intelligence Consultant
Select a military branch to see samples.
Futures Airmen; Intelligence Manager; Intelligence, ABM; Intelligence, Bomber; Intelligence, Fighter; Intelligence, Helicopter or EWO; Intelligence, Special Operations; Intelligence, Trainer; Logistics Plans Apprentice; Logistics Plans Helper
Counter Intelligence Agent; Counter-Intelligence Technician; Information Operations Officer; Intelligence Analyst; Psychological Operations
Intel; Intelligence System Specialist
Air Intelligence Officer; Aviation Data Analyst; Collection Management Officer; Collection Manager; Ground Intelligence Officer; Intelligence Officer; Intelligence Operations and Fusion Warrant Officer; Intelligence Tactics Instructor; Marine Air Ground Task Force (MAGTF) Intelligence Planner; Weapons and Tactics Instructor (WTI) Intelligence Marine
AOC Chief of Intelligence Surveillance Reconnaissance Division; Air Warfare Research Officer; Cryptologic Technician (Interpretive); Geographic Area Intelligence Officer; Information Operations Planner; Intelligence Organization Management; Intelligence Staff; Navy Special Warfare Intelligence; Operational Intelligence Officer (General); Senior Intelligence Program ManagementNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
On the job, you would:
- Generate standard or custom reports summarizing business, financial, or economic data for review by executives, managers, clients, and other stakeholders.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Maintain library of model documents, templates, or other reusable knowledge assets.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by writing
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Development environment software
- Apache Kafka
Data base user interface and query software
- IBM DB2
Web platform development software
- Microsoft ASP.NET
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Computer Systems Analysts
- Data Scientists
- Market Research Analysts & Marketing Specialists
- Marketing Managers
- Statistical Assistants
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about business intelligence analysts.