Business Intelligence Analysts
Business Intelligence Analyst; Business Intelligence Manager; Competitive Intelligence Analyst; Manager, Market Intelligence
see titles from the Air Force.
Logistics Plans; Logistics Plans Apprentice; Logistics Plans Craftsman; Logistics Plans Helper; Logistics Plans Journeyman; Logistics Plans Superintendent
What they do:
Produce financial and market intelligence by querying data repositories and generating periodic reports. Devise methods for identifying data patterns and trends in available information sources.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze competitive market strategies through analysis of related product, market, or share trends.
- Synthesize current business intelligence or trend data to support recommendations for action.
- Communicate with customers, competitors, suppliers, professional organizations, or others to stay abreast of industry or business trends.
Arts and Humanities
- sales and marketing
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Web platform development software
Data base management system software
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- Microsoft Dynamics
- Oracle PeopleSoft
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: